Scale Back Alabama is a 10 week weight loss competition that will begin the week of Jan 21 and end the week of April 07. Participants will compete in teams of four, and every team that completes the 10 week contest with each team member losing at least 10 pounds (an average of one pound per week), will be included in a drawing for one of three grand prizes (first team drawn will win $1,000 per team member, second team drawn will win $500 per team member, and the third team drawn will win $250 per team member). All individuals who lose at least 10 pounds will be included in a drawing for one of 50 achievement prizes of $100 per person, regardless of their team’s achievement. In addition, everyone who loses at least one pound and makes time to weigh out, will be placed in a drawing for one of five participation prizes of $50 each. These drawings will take place on April 25.
For more information or questions about the program, please contact Liz Redding (824-2189) or email email@example.com.
Guidelines for Participation:
- Teams must consist of 4 members, including a team captain.
- Teams must begin and end the contest with the same individuals. No substitutions allowed.
- Team members and team captains cannot be on more than one team.
- Teams will have one week to weigh in and one week to weigh out for the contest. Dates, times and location are posted below.
- Participants need to wear normal business attire for weigh ins. Bulky items, such as overcoats, purses, work boots, etc., will not be allowed. Participants should remove shoes when weighing.
- Weigh in sites will be required to keep and record team members’ beginning and ending weights. These will be kept confidential and only shared with Scale Back Alabama staff members to determine eligibility for prize drawings.
- If any team member cannot use a standard scale for the weigh in, please call the HPE office (824-6007) in advance to check for special accommodations.
- Those who have had a weight loss surgical procedure will not be eligible to participate until one year after the surgery.
- This program is intended for adults. No one under age 18 will be allowed to participate.
- Those who are pregnant, or who become pregnant, are not eligible to participate.
- The objective of this campaign is to lose weight in a healthy manner and to have fun doing it.
- If your BMI is under 20, you do not need to participate in this program. Please see instructions for calculating BMI on the JMI website.
UAH's Scale Back Alabama Weigh In Information:
Teams should weigh in together as a team. Weigh ins will be conducted at Spragins Hall, Rm 108 on the following dates/times...
Tue 1/21 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
Wed 1/22 8:15 am - 5:00 pm
Thu 1/23 8:15am - 5:00 pm
Fri 1/24 8:15am - 5:00 pm