Summer Bridge Program
- Hits: 3367
The LSAMP Summer Bridge Program is a two-week residential initiative to aid in the transition from high school to college. The program will be held July 6 – 18 on the UAH campus. During this program students will have an opportunity to experience living on campus, mock classes, research opportunities and other resource material. The program targets populations underrepresented in STEM and students who complete the program become eligible for the LSAMP Transition Scholarship.
Program Components include:
Students participate in two weeks of academic preparation.
Career and Academic Counseling
Students receive both group and one-on-one career and academic counseling. Information on career opportunities in the sciences, government and industry are presented to students in required mini-sessions.
A well–designed freshman orientation program is provided with follow-up support, guidance and mentoring throughout the program. The concluding conference features a distinguished visiting guest speaker, student poster competitions in the areas of mathematics, English and essay writing.
Particpants of the summer bridge program will recieve:
- On campus housing in a Residence Hall
- A partial meal plan
- An opprortunity to recieve a scholarship for fall 2014
- One-on-one and group mentoring
- Participation in the ALSAMP 2014 poster compitition.
- Access to the Council of African American Faculty (CAAF)
- Access to additional workshops and seminars throughout the academic year
2013 Summer Bridge Students: